Everyone definitely wants to always live healthy and avoid various diseases. Because, with a body and mind that are always healthy, all the activities we do will be completed more quickly. Maintaining health is actually not as difficult as you imagine, one way is by adopting a healthy lifestyle every day.
During adolescence, changes occur both physically and psychologically which cause teenagers to be vulnerable in the process of growth and development. This period is the time when the initial process of reproductive organ maturation and real hormonal changes occur. Adolescents face various complex problems related to;
- Physical changes
- Nutritional adequacy
- Psychosocial development
- Emotions and intelligence
Which ultimately creates conflict within him which will then affect his health.
Adolescents who experience health problems try to react with withdrawal for these reasons. Prevention of health problems in adolescents requires understanding and attention from the environment, including parents, teachers, peers and also related parties, so that they can go through the transition period from childhood to adulthood well.
Some efforts that can be made to implement a healthy lifestyle are maintaining healthy food intake with diet and nutrition, exercising, doing positive activities to avoid stress, and many more. By doing this, the quality of life can improve and have a positive influence on the environment.
Implementing a healthy lifestyle cannot be haphazard, this needs to be adjusted to age, gender, level of physical activity, health condition, and even eating habits.
As a teenager, there’s no harm in starting to pay attention to these things. A healthy lifestyle for teenagers that is practiced thoroughly will ultimately bring benefits both now and in the future.
So, here are steps that can be implemented as an effort to live a healthy life, including;
- Physically Healthy Lifestyle for Teenagers
- The following are several things that teenagers can do to maintain physical health;
- Exercise regularly. Ramaja should be physically active for at least 60 minutes every day.
- Eat healthy food and drink water. Eating healthy and drinking water is an important part of growth and development
- Consume blood supplement tablets specifically for young women,
- especially before and after menstruation to prevent anemia.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Children and adolescents with obesity are more likely to be obese as adults.
- Enough sleep. Most teenagers need between 9 and 9 ½ hours of sleep each night.
- Limit device use. Excessive use of devices can cause eyes to become too tired or what is usually called Computer Vision syndrome.
- Wear sunscreen, for teenagers who are always active outdoors.
- Don’t listen to loud music. This can interfere with hearing in the future
- Emotionally Healthy Lifestyle for Teenagers
The following is how to live a healthy lifestyle for teenagers in terms of maintaining their health and emotional stability:
- Know the signs of mental illness. These include anxiety, depression, excessive tiredness, loss of self-esteem, loss of interest in things once enjoyed, loss of appetite. Weight gain or loss and out-of-character personality changes.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help if you need it. If you can’t talk to your parents.
- Accept yourself. If you feel like you have low self-esteem or poor body image, talk to someone about it.
- Don’t bully others. And if you are being bullied, tell your parents, teacher, or other adult immediately.
- Mentally Healthy Lifestyle for Teenagers
The following are healthy lifestyle practices for teenagers that are good for mental conditions, including;
- Learn how to manage stress
- Study and do your best in school
- Try to maintain a good relationship with your parents
- Develop a good balance between school, work, and social life
Be a healthy teenager and be of benefit to the environment around you, because if you fail in this phase, it is inevitable that you will also fail in the next phase. And healthy parental assistance will have a positive impact on the growth and development of teenagers to achieve development targets. The positive impact of becoming healthy teenagers will also be felt maximally by the teenagers themselves.